Note: Due to the popularity of the response from members of the US Armed Forces, the below offer is no-longer available.
Obihai have a limited number of manufacturer-certified, reconditioned OBi110 units which we can provide free of charge, to members of the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force & Coast Guard).
The only requirement is the member of the military must be stationed outside the USA (50-states) and provide their APO or FPO mailing address to Obihai.
If you or your family member qualify, please send email to OBiUSA@obihai.com and provide the following four (4) things:
1. First & Last Name
2. Branch of Military
3. (dot)mil Email Address
- For example: email@example.com
- This is the email address we will use to confirm/track the shipment.
4. APO or FPO Address
- This is the mailing address where we will send the shipment.
- Do Not Use an International Address
This offer is good only until the limited supply of OBi110 units are consumed.
Obihai will post a notice on the OBiTALK forum and Facebook page when the currently available supply is consumed.
There is a limit of one (1) OBi110 per person or family. Please allow 4-8 weeks for processing.
Related offer from Google Inc: In 2011, Google provided members of the military free calling, regardless of the country where the call originates. This functionality can be applied to the OBi device such that a regular telephone can be used instead of a computer (using the Gmail Call Phone feature). Click here to see this Gmail blog post for more information. Please note, we have not been able to confirm if this offer remains available into 2012. If it does not, then calls originated outside the USA or Canada to USA and Canada numbers will cost 1 cent per minute.*
* Google previously announced that calls inside the USA and Canada to the USA and Canada will be free through 2012. Calls to the USA and Canada from other countries are 1 cent per minute. Google Voice cannot be used to place or receive emergency services calls. Android, Gmail and Google Voice are trademarks of Google, Inc.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
The OBi202 2-port VoIP phone adapter with router supports up to 4 VoIP services, including Google Voice™ with network and application extensibility via integrated USB port.
Obihai, the customer-top-rated manufacturer of VoIP phone adapters for SIP and Google Voice™, has just released the OBi202 two-port VoIP telephone adapter with integrated router and USB port. The OBi202 is for sale now at www.Amazon.com and available to service providers for mass-deployment. With the previously announced End-of-Sale for the Cisco-Linksys SPA2102 and PAP2T, the OBi202 is well-equipped to replace these highly-regarded ATAs for both value added reseller (VAR) and service provider deployments.
“We are extremely excited to bring the OBi202 to market and support all the customers using the device,” said Jan Fandrianto, President and CEO of Obihai Technology, and inventor of the first VoIP phone adapter. “Home and small businesses users of the OBi202 will be impressed with its innovative features, attractive design, excellent voice quality and reliability,” Fandrianto said.
Pricing & AvailabilityThe OBi202 is priced at $99.99 and is available today at Amazon, for a promotional price of $74.99 with free shipping. Over the next few months, more stores and on-line merchants are expected to carry the OBi202. Resellers and service providers should contact Obihai directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org for information on sourcing and deployment of the OBi202.
The user can dial a “#” key to call from one phone port to the other. Depending on the current state of the called phone, one of the following can happen:
- If the called phone is idle, it will ring normally with a Caller-ID indicating the call is coming from the phone connected to the other phone port of the same OBi202.
- If the called phone is already on a call, the calling phone can automatically join the call.
- If the called phone is on-hook with a call holding, the calling phone can pick up / resume the call.
- If the called phone is ringing, the calling phone will pick-up and answer the incoming call.
Complimentary to ZT, Obihai have a specialized web-portal for VoIP service providers. Via the portal, service provider support engineers can access each device individually to troubleshoot and configure specific parameter settings as well as set-up and perform loop-back calls and other tests without requiring the end user subscriber’s assistance or intervention.
Available at Amazon.com Click here to visit the Obihai storefront.
Please contact email@example.com to contact Obihai about becoming a partner service provider or reseller.
A comprehensive OBi202 technical data sheet is available: Click Here.
* Google previously announced calls to the USA and Canada will be free through 2012.
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.
Google Voice, Google Apps, Gmail, Google Talk, Google Chat are trademarks of Google Inc.
Other company names mentioned herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.