Note: Due to the popularity of the response from members of the US Armed Forces, the below offer is no-longer available.
Obihai have a limited number of manufacturer-certified, reconditioned OBi110 units which we can provide free of charge, to members of the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force & Coast Guard).
The only requirement is the member of the military must be stationed outside the USA (50-states) and provide their APO or FPO mailing address to Obihai.
If you or your family member qualify, please send email to OBiUSA@obihai.com and provide the following four (4) things:
1. First & Last Name
2. Branch of Military
3. (dot)mil Email Address
- For example: email@example.com
- This is the email address we will use to confirm/track the shipment.
4. APO or FPO Address
- This is the mailing address where we will send the shipment.
- Do Not Use an International Address
This offer is good only until the limited supply of OBi110 units are consumed.
Obihai will post a notice on the OBiTALK forum and Facebook page when the currently available supply is consumed.
There is a limit of one (1) OBi110 per person or family. Please allow 4-8 weeks for processing.
Related offer from Google Inc: In 2011, Google provided members of the military free calling, regardless of the country where the call originates. This functionality can be applied to the OBi device such that a regular telephone can be used instead of a computer (using the Gmail Call Phone feature). Click here to see this Gmail blog post for more information. Please note, we have not been able to confirm if this offer remains available into 2012. If it does not, then calls originated outside the USA or Canada to USA and Canada numbers will cost 1 cent per minute.*
* Google previously announced that calls inside the USA and Canada to the USA and Canada will be free through 2012. Calls to the USA and Canada from other countries are 1 cent per minute. Google Voice cannot be used to place or receive emergency services calls. Android, Gmail and Google Voice are trademarks of Google, Inc.